When you seek care at our office, you are assured that Drs. Provenzano, Ram, Simel, and their staff utilize the latest in technology to enhance the quality and fit for your dental care.
Our doctors and clinical team use high-powered magnification loupes to enhance the precision of our patient care.
Utilization of dental loupes provides our dentists with increased visual acuity in hard to see areas in the oral cavity. Dental loupes also enhance our dentists oral diagnostic capabilities, for example, to see cracks in teeth and decay that would not be visualized without the use of this magnification.
Drs. Provenzano, Ram or Simel chooses carefully which and when radiographs are taken. There are many guidelines that we follow. Radiographs allow us to see everything we cannot see with our own eyes. Radiographs enable us to detect cavities in between your teeth, determine bone level, and analyze the health of your bone. We can also examine the roots and nerves of teeth, diagnose lesions such as cysts or tumors, as well as assess damage when trauma occurs.
Dental radiographs are invaluable aids in diagnosing, treating, and maintaining dental health. Exposure time for dental radiographs is extremely minimal. Drs. Provenzano, Ram and Simel utilize Digital Imaging Technologies within the office. With digital imaging, exposure time is about 50 percent less when compared to traditional radiographs. Digital imaging can also help us retrieve valuable diagnostic information. We may be able to see cavities better.
Digital imaging allows us to store patient images, and enables us to quickly and easily transfer them to specialists or insurance companies.
Digital X-rays offer more precision since we view the image on a computer monitor, instead of holding up a 35mm film up to the light. Digital X-rays results in 1/6th the radiation exposure to you.
Many patients, especially younger patients, are very familiar with the latest technology and are comfortable with the high tech practice. Computers and TV screens are their primary method of information processing.
Drs. Provenzano, Ram and Simel utilize Intraoral Camera technology that helps enhance your understanding of your diagnosis. An Intraoral Camera is a very small camera – in some cases, just a few millimeters long. An Intraoral Camera allows our practice to view clear, precise images of your mouth, teeth and gums, in order for us to accurately make a diagnosis. With clear, defined, enlarged images, you see details that may be missed by standard mirror examinations. This can mean faster diagnosis with less chair-time for you!
Intraoral cameras also enable our practice to save your images in our office computer to provide a permanent record of treatments. These images can be printed for you, other specialists, and your lab or insurance companies.
Digital Impressions with itero Element 5d
The iTero Element 5D scanner is an instrument that we use to take detailed, three-dimensional scans of patients’ teeth. It can thus play a huge role in helping us plan for Invisalign, crowns, and other procedures wherein we need to know the exact dimensions of teeth.
- No more manual impressions.Manual impressions are uncomfortable, time-consuming, and not always accurate. Digital impressions are fast, easy, and reliable.
- Reduce the need for X-rays.Of course, digital X-rays remain an important tool for us. However, the iTero’s ability to help detect hard-to-spot cavities can make X-rays necessary less often. This minimizes our patients’ exposure to radiation.
- Increased patient confidence.Some patients hesitate to commit to Invisalign because they cannot visualize their final results. The iTero’s simulation capability will help you see your smile’s future!
However, to say that the iTero Element 5D is just a digital impressions tool would be oversimplifying its abilities. It can also:
- Use near-infrared imaging (NIRI) to scan the internal structure of teeth, which makes it easier than ever for us to detect interproximal (between the teeth) cavities.
- Use real-time TimeLapse technology to help us compare how your teeth have changed over time.
- Simulate the results of Invisalign treatment.
- Function as an intraoral camera. It therefore allows us to easily examine parts of the oral cavity that are difficult to see without the aid of technology.