Missing or damaged teeth can be a source of pain, discomfort, and embarrassment. Luckily, you can reverse the effects of tooth loss or failing teeth with dental implants in San Jose, California. A dental implant is a surgically inserted titanium post that supports one or more prosthetic teeth to offer a stable, durable, and natural-looking tooth replacement. Once you restore your smile with dental implants at Natalie K. Provenzano DDS, Inc., your restoration looks, feels, and performs like your natural teeth.
Perks of implant-based restorations
Dental implants are superior to other teeth replacements because they mimic the design of your natural tooth, from the crown to the root. An implant fixture (titanium) fuses with the jawbone through osseointegration to form one biological structure, just like your natural tooth.
The unique implant design yields numerous benefits, including:
- Prevents bone loss: Your jawbone requires stimulation from your teeth to maintain its mass and density. When you lose teeth, your jawbone “wastes away,” resulting in a sunken-in appearance. Dental implants stimulate your jawbone to halt bone loss and encourage regeneration.
- Natural look and feel: Dental implants are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth. Once they settle in your mouth, they don’t look or feel like replacements.
- Restores your oral function: Dental implants are securely anchored in your jawbone, allowing you to bite with more or less force as if you have 100% natural teeth. Similarly, dental implants eliminate lisping and other speech impediments, enabling you to speak clearly and naturally.
- Low maintenance: You don’t have to buy special products or learn new teeth-cleaning techniques after dental implant treatment. Brush and floss your dental implants just as you would with your natural teeth.
- Stabilizes the nearby teeth: Teeth replacements like dental bridges rely on the adjacent teeth for stability. Dental implants are stand-alone restorations that don’t require altering the surrounding teeth. Instead, dental implants stabilize the nearby teeth by closing the gap where the teeth can tilt into.
- Longevity: Dental implants should last a lifetime with proper care. The only component that may require replacement after several years is the crown or denture.
Do the above benefits appeal to you? If yes, please call (408) 226-2542 to schedule a consultation with our team to determine if dental implants are suitable for you.
Share this Article