Enjoy teeth cleaning and dental checkups with regular visits to the dentist
At the practice of Natalie K. Provenzano DDS, Inc, new and current patients have access to a wide range of routine dental checkups and treatments. A healthy smile requires patients to not only brush and floss their teeth as directed but visit the dentist regularly for teeth cleanings and dental checkups. Our facility is equipped to handle routine visits with our patients and more extensive treatments such as periodontal cleanings for patients diagnosed with gum disease.
Why are teeth cleanings and dental checkups necessary?
Teeth cleaning, also known as oral prophylaxis, is a method of plaque and tartar removal performed every three to six months as suggested by the American Dental Association. When patients schedule these regular checkups, they can have their teeth thoroughly cleaned and assessed by a dental professional. That is critical for many reasons. First and foremost, these visits ensure a healthy smile free from gum disease and cavities. If problems are spotted during these appointments, treatment options can be discussed to ensure that the problem does not become a more significant issue for the patient. With early detection and intervention, many conditions can be treated successfully without permanent damage to the smile.
What happens if patients do not have routine visits with their dentist?
When patients fail to keep their oral hygiene habits in check, it can lead to:
- Nutritional issues due to the inability to eat and properly digest foods
- Bad breath, or halitosis, from rotting food in the mouth or advanced periodontal disease
- Infection of the gum tissues, causing periodontal disease
- Loss of bone, gum tissue, or natural teeth from decay, disease, or infection
- Reduced cardiovascular health issues
- Increased risks of strokes and diabetes
- Late diagnosis of concerns such as disease, tooth decay, and even oral cancer
Schedule your teeth cleaning and dental checkup today!
San Jose, CA area patients who need routine dental work and seek a quality dentist, are invited to call Dr. Provenzano, Dr. Ram,and Dr. Simel at (408) 226-2542. Our practice is conveniently located at 6020 Hellyer Avenue, Ste. #100, and accepts new patients in and around the community.